FreshPaper was created by a young inventor who happened upon the active ingredients after accidentally drinking some tap water while visiting her grandmother in India. Her grandma gave her a home remedy - a mixture of spices, which kept her from getting sick. (Click here to hear the story in her own words.)
After years of research and development, (starting with a middle school science project!), she discovered a new application of her grandmother's generations-old home remedy - a remarkably effective way to keep food fresh!
Fenugreen was founded in 2010. It all started with handmade batches of FreshPaper handed out at the farmer's markets and street fairs in Cambridge, MA.
Today, FreshPaper is used by farmers and families across the globe, and Fenugreen is establishing initiatives to benefit local food banks in the U.S. and small-scale farmers in the developing world.
Fenugreen is a social enterprise with the mission of “Fresh for All.”
Discover the Fenugreen Story
• It's Not Paper, It's Empowerment | The Daily Beast, April 2013
• Fresh Idea: The Unlikely Inspiration Behind Food-Saver FreshPaper | Entrepreneur, April 2013
• FreshPaper: Keeping it Fresh from Farm to Fork | Newsweek & The Daily Beast, December 2012
• 7 Young Entrepreneurs Changing The World With Their Businesses | Fast Company, December 2012
• A Magical Paper Prevents Your Food from Rotting | Fast Company, November 2012
•Saving Food One Sheet of Paper at a Time | The Washington Post, May 2012
• Fenugreen Aims to Prevent Produce Spoilage Around the World | The Boston Globe, March 2012
• TEDxManhattan Talk| January 2012